Monday, August 9, 2010

12 days! And a peek at Wales.


12 days until I see the Rocky Mountains again. Crazy! I'm not sure I want to think about it.

So, instead, here are some pictures from my Wales weekend. I'd tell you all about it, but #1 - it's double finals week for me, and #2 - we all know that the pictures are the best part of any blog. However, I will say a few words about it: soccer, late night travel adventures, misty, green, beautiful, friendly, Welsh, beach, perfect weather, Cadbury hot chocolate, markets, hard-core scrapes, straight up the mountain, so sore, SHEEP, more soccer, more sheep, horses and costume parties.

On to the pictures:

"...through the heather on the hill..." Oh wait, wrong country.

One of the cutest sights on Swansea Beach.


We got to the top of Lorange Mountain and the mist started to disappear. Talk about perfect timing!


Big Pit, or Pwll Mawr if you read Welsh. This is an example of the many coal mines in the South of Wales. Coal is a big industry there.



Cardiff Castle.

Swansea Beach again.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like such a fun trip! I'm glad you all had a blast. :)

    ReplyDelete