Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Some things you should know about running in Regent's Park:


1. It's beautiful here. You just might turn a corner and find a beautiful fountain shooting water into a pool. Or breathe in and smell a floral aroma you've never smelled before.

2. There are A LOT of people who like to exercise in the park. Research the proper protocol on running around and past other runners or walkers. Also, know which side of the street/path to run on. These are things I still don't know.

3. There are many many many trees. Most of them are tall, obstructing your view of such things as Regent's College, where I live. Make sure you know where you're going unless you enjoy long cool downs while you try to find a map.

4. In case you don't heed the warning in #3, don't be alarmed when the person you ask for directions answers with a British accent. Remember, you're in England.

I figured that you should know these things I didn't know before. I learned numbers 3 and 4 this morning. Regent's Park is BIG.

1 comment:

  1. Oh. I hope you didn't get too lost. So more like Central Park than you thought? I thought you were going to say something about running into trees. 'cause that's why I would do. If I ever got out to run in the first place. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete